Nalla karam (నల్ల కారం, நல்ல காரம், काली मिर्च पाउडर): Usually Andhra lunch starts with hot rice and nalla karam,then follows other dishes. This can be eaten with idly and dosa as well.The taste is awesome when sprinkled on hot pongal.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Preparation Time 15 minutes | Take it with idli /dosa/rice | Type powder | Shelf Life : 1 week.
Appx. Nutritional values :
Ingredients to serve :
- Dhania ( coriander seeds) 1cups
- Curry leaves 2cups
- Jeera (cumin seeds) 1 tbsp
- Red chillies 15nos
- Tamarind flakes small lemon size
- Garlic 10 pods
- Oil 1 tsps
- Moderately fry red chillies with 1 tsp oil and keep aside.
- Moderately fry dhania, curry leaves and jeera with out oil.
- Grind fried red chillies, dhania, curry leaves, jeera and garlic in to a rough powder.
- Add tamarind flakes and salt and grind a little to mix.
- Best for rice when served with ghee.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : can add urad dal