Mysore pak (ಮೈಸೂರು ಪಾಕ್, మైసూర్ పాక్, मैसूर पाक, மிசொரே பக்) is one of the most popular sweets in Karnataka. Mysore Pak is a ghee laden sweet from South India. It is made of generous amounts of ghee (clarified butter), sugar and chick pea (besan) flour. They are solid, very porous, melt in the mouth kind of sweets. They were always long rectangular shaped.
Regional Dish : Karnataka; Andhra; Kerala; Tamil Nadu; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Karaknata | Cooking Time 45 minutes | Take it as snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 1 week.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (295 K cal), Carbohydrates (26.0 g), Protein (2.0 g), Fat (9.8 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Bengal gram flour 1 cup
- Sugar 1 cup
- Ghee 2 1/2 cups
- Water 1 cup
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Roast Bengal gram flour (besan) in a tava for 2-3 minutes stirring constantly, so that it changes it color and the raw smell is removed , then set this a side to cool.
- Heat half the ghee in a pan
- Put the sugar in another pan and add 1 cup of water to it. Cook till it becomes sticky syrup. It should not become stringy.
- Add the roasted flour to the sugar syrup stirring constantly. Take off the flame for a second while you get the melted ghee ready.
- Pour the ghee in a steady stream into the flour and sugar mixture while stirring. You need an extra hand here.
- Add the rest of the ghee and stir in. Cook till the mixture turns light brown and becomes porous and spongy like bread.
- Sprinkle the cardamom powder over the mixture and turn out immediately into a greased shallow cake pan or a plate.
- The mixture sets within minutes.
- With a sharp knife cut into 1 1/2 inch squares .
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Andhra Cuisine (Mysore pak with grated coconut, khoa and chewnuts).
No comments yet.