Mutter Paneer Paratha (मटर पनीर की पराठा) is a stuffed paratha that can be enjoyed at any time by all age groups. It is served with some pickle of choice, curd and some fresh salad. Now the stuffed parathas are prepared all over India and for busy mom’s we can get them ready made in frozen section. These are very filling and can also become one of best packed lunches. This paratha is delicious and also nutritious as it has lots of protein that comes from paneer and mutter.
Regional Dish: North India
Cuisine Style: Delhi Preparation Time 30 minutes | Take it as such or with a chutney| Type Roti| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4nos.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (300 Kcal), Carbohydrates (21g ), Protein (4.6 g), Fat (3 g).
For paratha dough
- wheat flour 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil 2-3 tsp.
- Paneer 8 oz(grated)
- Frozen peas 3/4 cup
- Onion 1 medium (finely Chopped)
- green chillies 4 no.s
- Ginger 1″ large piece
- Coriander leaves 1 handful
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp.
- Garam masala 1 tsp.
- Amchur powder 1/4 tsp.
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Lime/lemon 1/2
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tsp.
- Cook peas in microwave for 3 minutes, drain and keep aside.
- In a blender, put green chillies, ginger, coriander leaves and cooked peas and grind them to a coarse paste without adding water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan; add cumin seeds when it splutter add finely chopped onions and saute nicely till turn golden brown.
- Then add the grounded peas-chilli mixture and saute till raw smell leaves.
- After that add all dry powders and enough salt and mix well and fry for a minute.
- And add grated paneer and stir fry for another 1 minute so that masala get nicely coated with the paneer.
- Lastly add some chopped coriander leaves and mix well and turn off the stove.
- After few minutes squeeze the lime juice to the mutter paneer masala n stir well and allow to cool completely.(keep covered till u use for filling).
- Knead the resting dough for a few seconds and take a big lemon size ball, and roll it to 3″ (dia ) and keep 2-3 spoon of mutter paneer filling and seal the edges together and again gently roll it like regular chapathi (with less pressure).Do the same for the remaining dough n filling.
- Heat a tawa,fry the parathas on both sides till turn light golden brown…drizzle some oil on n around the parathas.
- After that remove from the tawa, mutter paneer paratha is now ready and serve hot with pickle n raitha.
- Note: If have fresh peas then pressure cook and grind to coarse paste with other ingredients.