Mutter Paneer Curry (ਹਰੀਆਂ ਪਾਸ ਪਨੀਰ ਛੁਰ੍ਰੀ, பச்சை பட்டாணி பனீர் குற, పచ్చి బటాని పనీర్ కూర, मटर पनीर करी) Mutter Paneer is a delicious north indian( from punjab) curry dish of peas and home-made cheese cubes (paneer) cooked in delicious gravy.
Regional Dish : Punjab; North India ; South India.
Cuisine Style : Punjab | Preparation Time : 20 minutes | Cooking Time: 15 minutes | Take with roti| Type curry| Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional Values: Calories (200 Kcal), Carbohydrates (8g), Protein (7g), Fat (15g).
- Green peas 1 cup
- Paneer (cheese blocks or cubes) 1/2 cup
- Onion 2
- Tomatoes 2
- Ginger paste 1/2 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsps
- Green chillis 5
- Garam masala powder 1 tsp
- Salt 1tsp
1. First of all cut the cheese (paneer) into small cubes and keep it aside.
2. Then , chop the green chillis, onions and tomatoes into small pieces.
3. Now, grind the chopped onions and tomatoes and green chillis together in a mixer-grinder to make a thick paste.
4. Add 2 tsps. of oil to a frying pan and heat it.
5. Then, add the grinded paste to the pan , add salt and garam masala powder to it and fry for 10 minutes.
6. Now add 2 cups of water to the fried paste and let it boil for 5 minutes.
7. Add the green peas to the boiling gravy and let it boil for 3 minutes.
8. Now, fry the cheese or paneer cubes in 1 tsp . of ghee and add them to the above boiling gravy.
9. Remove from heat and mix well.
10. Thus, the green peas – paneer masala is ready to be served.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Mutter paneer curry with vegetables.
No comments yet.