Mustard leaves Curry (Sarso Ka Saag) (ਅਰਹਿਓਂ ਲੇਆਫ਼ ਛੁਰ੍ਰੀ, ఆవాలాకు కూర, முச்டர்ட் லீவேஸ் சுற்றி, सरसों कि साग सब्जी ) This is typically Punjabi (North Indian) dish tastes really nice with Makki Ki Roti (Indian maize flatbread) and a dollop of fresh butter.
Regional Dish: Punjab; North India ; South India.
Cuisine Style: Punjabi || Preparation Time : 15 minutes || Cooking Time: 10 minutes || Shelf Life: 1 day.
Take with Roti | Type Lunch
Appx. Nutritional Values: ?
- Fresh mustard leaves (sarson) 5 bunches
- Fresh spinach leaves (palak) 1 bunch
- Bathua 1 bunch
- Olive oil 5 tablespoons
- Ginger sliced 2 one inch pieces
- Garlic sliced 6 to 8 cloves
- Onions, sliced 2 medium
- Green chillies 4
- Salt to taste
- Cornmeal 2 tablespoons
1. Heat three tablespoons olive oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic and onion and sauté for two to three minutes.
2. Roughly chop mustard leaves.
3. Add to pan and stir.
4. Roughly chop spinach and bathua.
5. Add to pan and stir.
6. Break the green chillies and add to the pan.
7. Add salt to taste and stir well.
8. Let it cook till the greens turn soft.
9. Add cornmeal dissolved in a little water and continue to cook till the greens are completely cooked.
10. Cool and grind to a coarse paste.
11. Transfer into the pan.
12. Add the remaining olive oil and mix.
13. Simmer for two to three minutes.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Mustard leaves curry with cabage.