Mushroom curry (മുശ്രൂം കറി, పుట్టగొడుగుల కూర, முஷ்ரூம் சுற்றி, कुकुरमुत्ता सालन) Mushroom Curry is a spicy vegan curry that goes well with rice or rotis. Mushroom Curry is a very delicious Indian curry . It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and dinner menu . It goes well with pulao , but it can also be eaten with plain rice or nan.
Regional Dish : Kerala; Andhra; Tamilnadu; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Kerala | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take with rice or chapati | Type curry | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity 2 servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving :
Calories (116 Kcal), Carbohydrates ( 7.0 g ), Protein ( 4.0 g), Fat( 8.0 g).
- Mushroom, diced 1 cup
- Cumin Seeds ¼ tsp
- Mustard Seeds ¼ tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Mint Leaves 6
- Coriander Leaves chopped 2 tbsp
- Onion chopped 1
- Tomato chopped 1
- Green Chilies 3
- Cashew nuts 5
1. For the masala, add chopped onions, tomatoes, mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilies, cashewnuts and little water in a mixer and blend to make a fine paste.
2. Once blended, keep the masala aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the mushrooms. Sauté till they become tender.
4. Remove from the heat and keep aside the cooked mushrooms.
5. In a separate pan, heat oil and add cumin and mustard seeds. When the seeds crackle, add the masala paste. Sauté till the oil separates from the masala.
6. Now, add the cooked mushrooms and salt.
7. Cover the pan and cook it over low heat for some time.
8. Serve hot and spicy mushroom curry with rotis.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Mushroom curry with ginger,garlic,garam masala. 2. Mushroom curry with coconut,ginger paste.