Murgh Cholay (मुर्गी का छोले) This recipe is very authentic to Pakistan’s Lahore. It can be a one pot meal when prepared with mild to moderate spice and can be enjoyed with rice or roti when made spicy. This recipe has double to goodness of protein of pulses and chicken .
Regional Dish: Pakistan
Cuisine Style : Pakistan | Cooking Time 30 mins | Take as Such/ rice/ roti | Type meal | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (350 Kcal), Carbohydrates (30.0 g), Protein (10.8 g), Fat (10. g).
- 1 1/2 Kg Chicken pieces
- 1 cup Chickpeas soaked in water
- 1 cup Oil
- 2 Finely chopped onions
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 tsp. Ground cumin
- 1 tsp. Turmeric
- 1 tsp. All spice powder
- 1 tbsp. Ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp. Finely chopped ginger
- 1/2 tsp. Soda bi carbonate
- 2 tbsp. Yellow lentils
- as required Salt
- Heat oil in a large skillet and fry the onions till golden brown.Now add the chicken and cook until the water (left by the chicken) dries.
- Add the ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, all spice powder and salt. Fry on a low flame.
- Drain the water from the soaked chickpeas. Again add 2 -3 glasses of water along with the yellow lent
- Boil the chickpeas and lentils in a saucepan. Add the soada bicarbonate and cook until the chickpeas are tender.
- Add the chickpeas along with the chopped tomatoes into the pan of chicken. Add 2 cups of water and cook until the mixture begins to boil.
- Lastly add the chopped ginger and cumin. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until the oil forms a separate layer on top.
- Serve with warm naan