Mughlai Mutton Biryani (मुगलाइ मटन बिरयानी) Id-ul-Zuha or Bakrid is one of the most celebrated festival among Muslims around the world. Bakrid is a festival of sacrifice, So all Muslims sacrifice goat, to commemorate the great sacrifice of Prophet Ibrahim.Eid is not complete without enjoying mouth watering mutton biryani in Mughlai Style.This recipe is itself a complete meal or whole meal. It is rich and nutritious with healthy carbohydrates , protein and fat.
Regional Dish : North India
Cusian Style : North India | Cooking Time 60mins | Take as such | Type Meal/Rice/Curry | Shelf Life : 2 days if refrigerated |Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup )
Calories (380Kcals), Carbohydrate (50g) Protein(20g), Fat ( 9.8g)
- 500 gms Basmati Rice
- 1kg Mutton (cut into small pieces)
- 2 tsp Garam Masala
- 6 Red chilies.
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 pieces Cardamom
- 5 Cloves
- 3 Bayleaves
- 3 Green chilies
- 7 Cashews
- Onions (finely chopped and fried till crisp)
- Finely chopped fresh coriander
- Finely chopped mint leaves
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
- 3 tsp. Saffron. (dissolved in a cup of milk)
- 1 cup Curd
- 1 cup Lemon Juice
- 4 boiled eggs.
- 5 tbsp Ghee /Oil
- Salt to taste.
- Make a fine paste of chillies and cashew nuts.
- Mix the mutton pieces with the ginger-garlic paste and beaten curd and Keep it aside to set.
- Fry the chili paste in 4 tbsp milk and oil. To this paste, add mutton, onion, garam masala and salt to taste. When the clarified milk separates from the mixture, add one and a half cup of warm water and pressure cook till tender.
- Fry Cinnamon, Cardamom, Cloves , Bayleaves and milk/oil in a vessel. Also add rice, green chilies, salt and enough water for the rice to cook.
- Make a mixture of the coriander, mint, mixed spices and onion and keep aside. Smear milk inside another vessel. Spread a layer of rice in it and cover it with mutton.
- Sprinkle half of the mint mixture and juice of a lime. Sprinkle the rice with saffron milk and some clarified milk. Cover tightly and cook for half an hour over slow fire.
- Serve hot with some raita , lemon wedges and onions slices.
Variations: 1. Add some shajeera. 2. Add some whole dry fruits such as cashew nuts and raisins. 3. Adding some fresh coconut and poppy seeds paste to gravy