Moong dal halwa (পেসার পাপ্পু হালব, పెసర పప్పు హల్వ, பாதம் பரப்பு ஹல்வா, मूंग दल हाल्वा) Moong Dal Halwa is a traditional dessert made from milk and yellow lentils and originates from the State of Rajasthan in North West India.
It is a rich sweet which is rich in calories.
Regional dish : Rajasthani; South India and North India
Cuisine Style : Rajasthan | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take it as snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 2 days if it refrigirated.
Appx. Nutritional values calcualted for 1 serving (1cup) :
Calories (456.7 Kcal), Carbohydrates ( 71.0 g), Protein (12.1 g g), Fat (13.8 g).
- Moong Dal 100 gms
- Ghee 200 gms
- Sugar 100 gms
- Water 1/2 glass
- Badam 10 pieces
- Pista 5 pieces
- Currants 4-5
- Cardamom powder 1/2 tsp
- Soak moong dal for two hours and then grind it and keep aside. Heat ghee in a pan and put the moong dal in it.
- Saute on low flame till it turns golden brown and leaves a distinct aroma. Remove from the flame and set aside.
- Heat water in a pan, add sugar and boil the mixture till sugar melts.
- Put the moong dal mixture in this sugar syrup and cook on a low flame till the dal and sugar blends well.
- Remove moong dal ka halwa from the flame and decorate it with chopped dry fruits and serve warm.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Pasara pappu halwa with jaggery and coconut.