Mooli Paratha (મૂળી પરાઠા, ਮੂਲੀ ਪਰਥ, मूली का पराठा, ముల్లంగి పరోట) This traditional Gujarati Mooli Paratha has a shelf life of about 3 days even at room temperature.
Regional Dish : Gujarat; Punjab; Karnataka; Rajasthan; Andhra; North India and East india.
Cuisine Style : Gujarat | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with Boondi raita | Type Roti, Lunch , Dinner, Snack | Shelf Life : 3 days.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1nos)
Calories (240 K cal), Carbohydrates (42 g), Protein (6 g), Fat (5 g).
- Radish grated 1 cup tightly packed
- Red chilli powder 3/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/8 tsp
- Green chilli 1 chopped
- Coriander leaves 3 tbsp chopped
- Ginger 1/2 tsp grated
- Cumin seeds/jeera 1 tsp
- Salt as needed
- Oil/ghee 1 tsp
- Atta/wheat flour 1 cup
- Salt and water as needed
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Peel the skin off from radish and grate it.
- Mix with salt and turmeric in a plate and keep in a slanting way so that water can drain and get collected separately.
- Make dough as we prepare for roti- the dough should not be too stiff, also not stick, just right-soft and pliable. Set aside covered.
- Now squeeze the excess water from the radish mixture thoroughly.
- Heat a pan with oil and splutter jeera, add green chilli, ginger and fry well.
- Add the squeezed radish in a sprinkled way and add the coriander leaves, garam masala and red chilli powder.
- Mix, fry well till all the moisture evaporates and the stuff becomes dry. (In medium flame for about 5-6 minutes approximately)
- Now make equal sized big lemon sized balls out of the dough and the stuffing.
- Dust the dough balls liberally and roll out half way and keep the stuffing ball inside and seal the ends towards center .
- Again dust this in the flour and roll out immediately in to a thick roti form.
- Heat the tawa and place the paratha and cook on both sides with drizzle of oil till golden brown spots appear.
- Serve with Boondi raita or pickle .
Other variants / Cuisine Style : none