Missi Roti (ਮਿੱਸੀ ਰੋਟੀ, મિસ્સી રોતી, మిస్సి రోటి, मिस्सी रोटी) Missi roti is a staple food in Punjabi homes and is basically roti prepared from besan or gram flour. An excellent way of sprucing up the proteins in our diet, missi rotis are high in taste and health values.
Regional Dish : Punjab; Gujarat; Rajasthan; Karnataka; Andhra; North India
Cuisine Style : Punjabi | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with green chutney | Type Roti | Shelf Life : half day |Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (1no)
Calories (215 Kcal), Carbohydrates (36 g), Protein (10 g), Fat (3 g).
- Whole Wheat Flour 1 cups (atta)
- Gram Flour (Beasn) 2 cups
- Cumin Seeds (jeera 1 tsp optional
- Onions 1 finely chopped
- Red chili powder to taste or green chilli paste 1tsp
- Coriander leaves finely chopped 2 tbsps
- Pomegranate seeds 2 tbsp / anar dana ( optional)
- Chat masala powder as per taste
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of turmeric powder
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Water to knead
- Mix Wheat flours, gram flour, salt, chili powder or green chillie paste, turmeric powder, onion , coriander leaves , anar dana and mix well.
- Rub oil into the flour, slowly add water and make a soft dough and keep it covered with damp cloth for 30 minutes.
- Knead well again the dough and make balls.
- Roll into a slightly thick chapati than usual. Pre-heat the girdle (tawa) and cook the missi roti with or without oil.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Missi Roti with mixed grained flours 2. Missi Roti with other greens. 3.misi roti with fenugreek seeds