Mirchi Bajji (మిరపకాయ బజ్జీ, மிர்ச்சி பஜ்ஜி, मिर्ची बज्जी) are green chilli dumplings. It is an Indian street food and is popular during the monsoon season and served with coconut chutney. Mirapakayi Bajji is very spicy and yummy.
Regional Dish : India, parts of Srilanka, pakistan.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 40 minutes | Take with chutney or ullikaram | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (142 Kcal), Carbohydrates (17 g), Protein (4.6 g), Fat (6.4 g).
- Large green chilies 12
- Chick pea flour (besan) 1 cup
- Rice flour 2 tbsp.
- Baking soda 3/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Carom seeds ( ajwain ) 1/2 tsp.
- Roasted channa dal 2tbsp.
- Tamarind size of gooseberry ( soaked in warm water)
- Oil for deep frying.
- Large Onion 1 finely chopped
- Lemon 1
- Take ajwain, roasted channa dal and tamarind, grind them with little salt.
- Now take Green chillis, Make a slit, lengthwise, along three fourth of the chili’s length. Remove any seeds and then stuff the chillies with the above ajwain mixture and set them a side.
- Now take a big bowl and mix well the chick pea flour, baking soda, salt, and a little water. The consistency of the batter should be of thick, beaten yogurt.
- Heat oil in a skillet, dip the chilies in the batter and drop them gently in the oil. Deep fry the chilies, occasionally turning, until they are golden yellow in color.
- Make a slit along the bajji lengthwise, like you have made before, and stuff with finely chopped onions mixed with lime juice and serve or we can also sprinkle some chat masala powder.
Other variants / Cuisine Style :
- Mirchi bajji with potato filling.
- Mirchi bajji with coconut tamarind paste.(add some jaggery also).
- Mirchi bajji with sesame tamarind paste filling.
- Mirchi bajji with ground nut tamarind paste filling.