Methi Malai Chicken (मेथी मलाई चिकन) this chicken is very simple and free of heavy spices or masalas. But is very creamy and rich because it has lots of cream that makes this curry velvety soft when had. It is also less spicy so even the kids can enjoy. A part from the lean protein it has lots of fenugreek leaves that has iron.
Regional Dish: North India
Cuisine Style: North India| Cooking Time 30mins | Take it as such| Type Snack| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (280Kcal), Carbohydrates (15g), Protein (18g), Fat (12g)
- Chicken pieces 2 cups
- Fenugreek leaves 2 cups
- Green chilies 8
- Turmeric powder 1 tsp.
- Red chili powder 1 tbsp.
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tbsp.
- Salt to taste
- Fresh cream 3 tbsp.
- Oil ½ cup
- Butter 2 tbsp.
- Crushed black pepper 1 tsp.
- Wash fenugreek leaves well in running water and drain them and set a side.
- Now take 2 tbsp. oil in the pan and sauté 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste, 1tsp turmeric and 1 tbs.p red chili powder in it and cook. Then take out the fenugreek leaves and cook it.
- Add in chicken and some salt. When the water dries add in green chilies and 1 tsp. crushed black pepper, 1 tsp. and mix well.
- In the end add cream. Now methi malai chicken is ready to serve with rice or roti.
Variations: Add some curds. Add some garam masala powder. Add whole spices. Add all spice powder. Add cumin powder. Add coriander powder.