Menthikura Pachadi (मेथी की चटनी, మెంతికూర పచ్చడి) This pachadi is made with fenugreek leaves, which are very nutritious as they are rich in minerals like Iron. This pachadi taste like gongura pachadi with a little kick of bitterness that comes from fenugreek leaves when we eat.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 30 mins | Take it rice | Type Chutney | Shelf Life : 7 days if refrigerated |Quantity : 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 tbsp.)
Calories (25Kcals), Carbohydrates (4.1g), Protein (0.5g), Fat (1.9g)
- Fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves) of – 2 bunches
- Red chillies- 6-10 (based on the spice level)
- Tamarind- 1 small lemon size.
- Urad dal/ black gram dal – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp.
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp.
- Garlic pods- 3 nos
- Oil 2 tbsp.
- salt to taste
- Remove only the leaves from methi bunches , and wash it.
- Add oil in deep pan, and when hot add mustard, urad dal and garlic . when they brown, add the red chilies and when the red chilies brown add the methi leaves and salt and close it.
- The quantity will shrink in 2 mins, then keep mixing it, when the leaves are completely cooked , switch off the flame and make a well out the methi leaves in the pan, put the tamarind and cover it and leave it to cool.
- Once cooled transfer them in to mixer , add turmeric and grind in to paste of desired consistency and add turmeric powder ; vola the methi chutney is ready to serve with hot rice and ghee.
- Note: For storing this pachadi for a few days, add oil (more) in a pan and add this ground pachadi and keep mixing it, if required add more chilli powder , cool and store in a air tight container.