Chikkudukaya Menthikura (చిక్కుడుకాయ మెంతికూర, மேன்டி கூற அவரை போரியல், सेम और मेथी की सब्जी) This aromatic leafy vegetable is a oldest and power full medicinal herb in India which contains lots of iron and also enriched with minerals like calcium, potassium, rich in C vitamin and K vitamin. Consumption of fenugreek leaves helps in digestion abilities and iron deficiency and combination of it with Beans also becomes rich in fiber.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; South India .
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take it with rice or chapati | Type curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values :calcualted for 1 serving ( 2tbsp)
Calories (56.10K cals) , Carbohydrates (9.35g), Protein (3.2g), Fat(1.1g)
- Fenugreek leaves 1 big bunch or 2 cups
- Indian broad beans 250gms
- Onion 1
- Green chilies 2
- Ginger and green chilli paste 1 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- Urad dal(split black gram) 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chilies 2 broken
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp
- Clean, wash and chop fenugreek leaves.
- Same way wash and cut beans , check if there are any insects.
- Peal and chop onion very finely and cut green chilies in to small pieces.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and let them popup then add urad dal, cumin seeds and broken dry red chilies and let them fry till nice golden color.
- Now add chopped onion and green chilies and fry till onion become transparent.
- Then add ginger and green chili paste, Indian broad bean pieces, salt, turmeric powder mix well and add 1/2 cup water cover with a lid and cook till Indian broad beans are cooked this will take 10 min. time in a low flame or you can cook till all the water is evaporated.
- Now add chopped fenugreek leaves, red chili powder mix well and sprinkle water cover with a lid and cook in a low flame, stir in between till it became semi dry curry.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Chikkudukaya koora. Chikkudukaya with mixed vegetables; Chikkudukaya with tomato; Chikkudukaya aloo; Chikkudukaya fry
No comments yet.