Masala Rice(మసాల అన్నము,मसाला चावल , மசாலா ரைஸ்) is a delicious Indian dish. It is included as a main dish in Indian lunch and dinner menu. It goes well with any Indian Curry.
Regional Dish:; Andhra pradesh; Maharastra; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Type Lunch or Dinner| Take with curd chutney | Shelf Life 1 day| Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving (1 cup)
Calories (628.3 kcal), Carbohydrate (114.3 g), Protein (13.5 g), Fat (13.7 g)
- 3 cups soaked for 30 min Basmati Rice
- 4 flakes Garlic 1/2 inch
- Ginger 2
- Cardamom 1/2 inch
- Cinnamon 2 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 4 Peppercorns
- 2 medium finely sliced Onion
- 1/2 bunch Cilantro
- 4 Green Chili
- 6 cups Water
- 4 tbsp Cooking Oil
- To taste Salt
- Make a paste of cilantro, green chilies, ginger and garlic. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a big saucepan (You can also substitute it with a rice cooker). Add Cardamom, Cinnamon, Cloves, Bay Leaf and peppercorns. Fry for a minute.
- Add the onion and fry till it turns light brown.
- Add the masala paste from step 1 and fry it till oil leaves the side of the pan.
- Add rice and mix well. Fry for 5 minutes. Add water and salt. Cook the rice till it gets cooked properly.
- Serve with raita.
Other Variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Masala rice with vegetables. 2. masala rice with nuts ( pea nuts , cashew nuts)