Mango Rice (మామిడికాయ పులిహోర, மாங்காய் சடம், कच्चा आम चावल, ಮಾವಿನಕಾಯಿ ಚಿತ್ರಾನ್ನ) Mango Rice also known as Maamidikaya pulihora is a popular festival recipe prepared on Telugu New Year(ugadi) and on Sri rama navami.
Regional Dish : Tamilnadu; Andhra; Kannada; South India.
Cuisine Style : Tamilnadu | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take it directly | Type as a side dish for lunch or dinner,snack| Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 2 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving (1cup)
Calories (220 Kcal), Carbohydrates (21.6 g), Protein (2.46 g), Fat (5.63 g).
- Cooked rice 1 cup
- Raw Mango 1 medium size
- Oil 4 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 2tsp
- Red chillies 5
- Urad dal 1 tbsp
- Chana dal 1 tbsp
- Peanuts/ groundnuts 3tbps
- Curry leaves few
- Green chillies 2 (cut in to small pieces)
- Turmeric powder 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Peal the skin of the mango and grate it and once done , keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil, add mustard seeds, urad dal, chana dal, peanuts,curry leaves when mustard start to splatter add red chillies , turmeric powder and stir , now add green chillies and cook for 2 min and take it off the heat.
- Now add the cooked rice and the grated mango and mix well until every thing gets mixed properly
- Mango rice is ready to serve.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Simple Mango rice 2. Mango rice with grated mango and coconut.
No comments yet.