Makki Ki Roti (ਮੱਕੀ ਦੀ ਰੋਟੀ, મકી કી રોતી, मक्की की रोटी) Makki ki roti or Paratha is a popular Punjabi roti recipe which is typically relished in the months of winter with sarson ka saag.
Regional Dish : Punjab; Gujarat; Andhra; Tamil Nadu; North India .
Cuisine Style : Punjabi | Cooking Time 35 minutes | Take with Sarson Ka Sag | Type Lunch , Dinner | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values : calcualated for 1 serving ( 1nos)
Calories (173 K cal), Carbohydrates (28.1 g)n Protein (3 g), Fat (9 g).
- Corn Flour 2 cups or Makki ka atta
- Radish (grated)
- Warm Water
- Salt (optional)
- Knead makki (corn) ka atta with warm water just before making the rotis.
- While kneading, add some grated radish and salt.
- To roll it, put a square of polythene paper on the kitchen platform.
- On this put a ball of the kneaded dough.
- Cover with another piece of polythene and then press the ball with your palm till you get the size of a roti or use a plate to pres.
- This roti is slightly thicker than the normal roti.
- Remove the polythene cover and transfer the roti to a hot tava (skillet).
- Cook on low heat, turning till both sides are roasted.
- Apply some ghee or butter.
- Serve hot with Sarson ka Saag.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : None.