Lotus root chips (পদ্ম স্টেম চিপ ,कमल ककड़ी के चिप्स )Lotus root or stem chips is a healthy snacking when compared to potato as it has lots of fiber .These can be prepared at home with ease which everyone love. The chips are unique as they has different texture , very crisp and they have that design that fascinates every mind. These chips are mostly prepared in east, north and west parts of India.
Regional Dish : Bengal, North India, West India
Cusian Style : Bengali | Cooking Time 25 mins | Take with as such | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 1 week |Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving ( 1/2 cup )
Calories (100), Carbohydrates (15.0 g), Protein (1.1 g), Fat (3.0 g).
- Lotus stem – 2 nos
- Oil – to fry chips
- Salt- according to the taste
- Black Pepper – 2 pinches.
- Dry mango powder (Amchoor Powder )- 2 pinches.
- Wash thoroughly and remove both the ends of stem and slice them in to thin chips.
- Heat oil into the pan and deep fry until they turn crispy and brown in color.
- Take them out on a plate; remove excess oil by using paper napkin.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and amchoor powder and toss them.
- Serve them as a snack.
- Once completely cooled they can be stored in a air tight container for 1 week.
Variations: Sprinkle chat masala on the chips, Sprinkle red chili powder, Coating lotus chips in chickpea flour and deep frying, Coating louts chips with oil and seasoning and baking at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes till they are crisp.