Lemon Pepper Chicken (नींबू काली मिर्च चिकन, লেমন পেপ্পের চিকেন, నిమ్మ మిరియాల చికెన్)This is simple chicken recipe that can be enjoyed with just steamed rice, some hot rasam as it is free of strong Indian whole masala’s. It has that fresh, soft tangy and spicy flavor in every morsel or bite.
Regional Dish: India
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 90 mins| Take it with rice| Type Curry| Shelf Life: 1day| Quantity: 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (210 Kcals), Carbohydrates (17g), Protein (16 g), Fat (8g).
• 1lb boneless & skinless chicken
• 1 1/2tbs. lemon juice
• 1tsp. red chili powder
• 1/2tsp. turmeric powder
• salt to taste
• 1tbsp. to 2 tbsp. oil
• 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
• 1tbs. grated ginger
• 1tbs. grated garlic
• 1/4 cup tightly packed curry leaves
• 1 & ½ tsp. coarsely ground black pepper powder
1. Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Add the lemon juice, chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and mix well. Marinate this for at least 1hr.
2. Heat the oil and fry the onions till golden. Add the ginger and garlic and fry for about a minute.
3. Add the marinated chicken and curry leaves and fry on medium heat till done, about 10-15mins. Do not add any water and take care not to overcook the chicken.
4. At last add the pepper powder and toss to mix well.
5. Serve hot as an appetizer or as a side dish.