Kulfi (कुल्फी, કુલ્ફી, কুলফি) It is an Indian version of Ice cream which is enjoyed in any season and for any occasion. It is infused with flavors of cardamom, saffron that are blended with coarsely grounded choice of nuts like ( almonds, cashews, pistachios which when eaten comes in every bite. It is just made plain way as kulfi or malai kulfi with extract heavy cream and now it is enjoyed with adding pulp of various seasonal fruits such as mango, strawberry, peach, coconut, lemon etc. This is served as a Popsicle or is some places such as Bengal it is enjoyed is a small earthen pot as mattka kulfi. Below is the easiest way that can be made without any cooking and with cooking.
Regional Dish: North India, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Bengal, Hyderabad of Andhra Pradesh.
Cuisine Style: Delhi| Cooking Time 15 mins| Take it as such | Type Soft Drink| Shelf Life: 6 days to more when refrigerated| Quantity: 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving (with water)
Calories (344Kcals), Carbohydrates (32g), Protein (7.2 g), Fat (18.5g).
Ingredients: No cooking variety
- Evaporated milk 1 ¼ cup
- Sweetened Condensed milk 1 ¼ cup
- Cool whip 16 oz
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp.
- Saffron strands few (powder them along a tsp. of sugar)
- Choice of nuts (Almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts) coarsely grounded.
- Bread slices 2 nos ( made in to small pieces)
- Combine evaporated milk, condensed milk, cool whip and the bread pieces in a blender to a smooth consistency.
- To the above mixture add cardamom powder, saffron powder, coarsely grounded nuts of choice and mix well.
- Pour the above prepared mixture in to ice cube trays or Popsicle molds or just fill half way in to paper glasses and cover it with aluminum foil and insert a wooden stick in the center of the glass and freeze them for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To remove frozen kulfi from the mold, place it under a running tap of warm water.
Ingredients: Cooking variety
- 1 liter whole milk
- 1 can (400 gm) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cardamom powder
- 1/2 cup coarsely grounded nuts of choice(almonds, pistachios, cashew nuts)
- Put all the ingredients into a deep, heavy-bottomed (preferably nonstick) pan and blend with a plastic whisk (to avoid scratching the pan).
- Cook on a medium flame till the milk mixture is thickened and reduced to 75 per cent of its original volume. Stir frequently to prevent burning.
- Turn off the fire and add the cardamom powder and almond slivers. Mix well.
- Cool the milk mixture completely and pour into a freezer-safe dish or ice cube tray or Popsicle molds.
- Freeze and when firm, un mold or scoop out desired portions and serve.
Variation: we can also add some heavy whipping cream for more creamy texture.