Kothu Parotta (கோது பரோட்டா) This recipe is basically from southern part of Tamil Nadu , that is from Madurai. It is very famous street fast food that is mostly enjoyed by locals. It can be had as a snack or a mini meal as such or served with some curds chutney. It is a whole some meal which in enjoyed hot by any age group. Kothu parotta literally means minced parotta.
Regional Dish: Tamil Nadu, Kerala
Cuisine Style: Tamil Nadu| Cooking Time 30 mins| Take it as such | Type Curry| Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity: 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (220.3Kcals), Carbohydrates (28g), Protein (4.3g), Fat (7.5g).
- 3 Parottas (Malaysian or Kerala parottas in frozen)
- 2 onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1-2 green chilies
- 1/2 cup red and green bell peppers ( optional)
- 1″ piece cinnamon
- 3-4 cloves
- 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp. coriander seed powder
- 1 tsp. salt or as per taste
- 1/2 tsp. pepper powder
- 1/4 tsp. garam masala powder
- 2-3 tbsp. milk
- 3-4 tbsp. oil
- handful of curry leaves
- Some fresh coriander leaves to garnish.
- Take the frozen parottas and fry them as per the instructions.
- Cut the parottas in long strips and then diagonally, so you get diamond sized pieces, about an inch long.Put these pieces in a bowl and then sprinkle the milk over it. Keep it aside.
- Chop the onions, tomatoes, green chilies.
- Beat the eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large work / deep pan, add 1tbsp. of oil, and then add the cinnamon, cloves.After a minute, add the green chilies, curry leaves and onions.
- Fry for 3-4 mins and then add the turmeric powder, chili powder, coriander powder.Saute for a minute and then add the tomatoes, bell peppers, salt, pepper and garam masala.
- Add the beaten eggs and quickly scramble it. Allow it to cook for 2-3 mins, adding a tbsp or two of oil to it.
- Add the parotta pieces and fresh coriander leaves and stir well.
- Serve hot with a chutney or raita
- You can also make this recipe with chapathis. Any leftover rotis, tortilla’s
- Make it a bit tangy by adding some tamarind pulp
- To spice up Add red chili flakes
Variations: Add Cooked chicken , Add red, greem capsicum , Add peas, Add carrots , Add beans, Add fried paneer, Add fried tofu, Add some tomato ketchup, add chat masala, Add chicken masala.
No comments yet.