Kosambari (ಕೋಸಂಬರಿ, सलाद, కోసంబరి):Kosambari is a speciality of karnataka. It is a typr of Indian Salad. Traditionally, Kosambari is a mixture of raw vegetables (Grated/Cubed) that is combined with soaked lentils (Channa Dal/Moong Dal) & seasoned with red chillies & mustard seeds. It can be made rich and zesty by adding fresh coconut, raw mango and lemon juice. There is no boundary for once imagination to make varieties of kosambaris .
It is very colorful, fresh and a healthy, loaded with tons of nutritional values. It can be enjoyed by everyone, in any season, on any occasion and at any time of the day.
Regional Dish : Karnataka , TamilNadu, Andhra Pradesh.
Cuisine Style : Karnataka | Cooking Time 15 minutes | Take it as such | Type Snack | Shelf Life : 1day. |
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 Cup) :
Calories (100 Kcal), Carbohydrates (10 g), Protein (3 g), Fat (0.11 g).
- Sprouted or soaked Green gram ( whole or split) – 1/2 cup
- Capsicum chopped – 2 table spoons
- Carrot grated – 2 table spoons
- Cucumber chopped – 2 table spoons
- Coriander leaves chopped – 2 table spoons
- Green chilli chopped – 1 no
- Onion finely chopped – 1 no( optional)
- Fresh grated coconut– 2 table spoons
- Lemon juice – 2 table spoons
- Salt – as per taste
- Mustard – 1/2 tea spoon
- Urad dal – 1/2 tea spoon
- Red chilli – 2 nos Broken in to pieces
- Cooking oil – 1/2 tea spoon
- Curry leaves chopped – 1 table spoon
- Asafetida – a pinch
- Mix all the above items in a big bowl.
- Do the seasoning;
- During mango season, you can use raw mango.
- Kosambari can also be made with vegetables like beet root, cabbage, radish, tomato and corn, pomegranate seeds.
- You can also add curds.