Kolatha Dali (कुलथी डाली, ঘোড়া গ্রাম ডাল) is a popular dish of Sambalpur district from Orissa. It is a different way of preparing vegetable dal.
Regional Dish: Orissa, Bengal
Cuisine Style: Orissa| Cooking Time 30mins | Take it with Rice | Type Dal| Shelf Life: 1day| Quantity: 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (120Kcal), Carbohydrates (20g), Protein (8g), Fat (3g)
- 150gm horse gram (kolatha dali)
- 100gm rice flour (chaula gunda)
- 2 brinjals (baigana)
- 2 potatoes (aalu)
- 2-3 tomatoes (tamatar)
- 1-2 drumsticks (sajana chhuin)
- 2 lima beans (simba)
- 50gm pumpkin (kakharu)
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds(sorisha)
- 50gm garlic (rasuna)
- 2 teaspoon mustard oil (sorisha tela)
- Salt to taste
1. Boil the kolatha dali (horse gram) in pressure cooker.
2. Cut and wash all the vegetables.
3. Make a mixture of rice flour and water.
4. Add the vegetables to the cooked kolatha dali and place the cooker on the flame with its lid open. Add salt.
5. As soon as the vegetables start boiling, add the flour mixture and go on stirring continuously.
6. Fry mustard seeds and garlic in mustard oil and add to the prepared kolatha dali.
7. Now your Kolatha Dali is ready. It should be served ho with rice, fried vegetables.