Kodiguddu Porutu (Egg Bhurji) (अंडे की भुर्जी, కోడి గుడ్డు పోరుటు, முட்டை பொரியல்) This recipe is prepared when one is lazy to cut vegetables and cook, It is very spicy and flavorful. This recipe is prepared by all the egg loves in India with some variations, but the basic one is what we sorted. In other words it is called as Scrambled eggs.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, North India, Bengal, Orissa
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 20 mins| Take it with rice/ roti | Type Curry| Shelf Life: 1 day| Quantity: 3 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (195Kcals), Carbohydrates (15g), Protein (6g), Fat (8g).
- Eggs – 2
- Onion (large) – 1
- Green chilies – 2
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tbsp.
- Coriander and Cumin powder – 1/2 tbsp.
- Turmeric – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – as per taste
- Curry leaves – 4-5 leaves
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
- Wash, clean and finely chop onions and green chilies.
- Take a skillet, add oil and heat it.
- Add curry leaves, chopped green chilies, chopped onion and sauté them until they are transparent.
- Add turmeric, red chili powder, and coriander-cumin powder, salt and stir well.
- Now crumble the eggs directly in to the skillet at low flame and stir continuously until the egg mixture forms as small lumps.
- Cook them for 2 -3 min and serve with steam rice or chapathi.
Notes: Keep mixing once eggs are added so that they cook evenly and also helps in preventing from burning.
Variations: Add cabbage to egg porutu, Add cauliflower to egg porutu, Add potatoes to egg porutu, Add tomatoes to egg porutu , Add peas to egg porutu, Add bell pepper to egg porutu , Add spinach to egg porutu..