Kodi Vepudu ( Andhra Chicken Fry)( కోడి వేపుడు, चिकन फ्री) This is an andhra style of chicken fry, it can be prepared with country or boiler chicken, with or without skin. This recipe is very much enjoyed on any Andhra table with steamed rice.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh| Cooking Time 45 mins| Take it with rice/ roti| Type Fry| Shelf Life: 2days| Quantity: 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (220 Kcals), Carbohydrates (19g), Protein (16 g), Fat (10g).
- 1lb chicken pieces
- Onion Paste 2 tbsp.
- Ginger Paste 1 tsp.
- Garlic paste 1 tsp.
- Turmeric powder ½ tsp.
- Chili Powder 2 to 3 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Water ¼ cup
Mix all the above ingredients and pressure cook in a cooker until pieces are well cooked.
- Onion 1 medium finely sliced
- Salt and chili powder to taste
- Oil 5 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves 2 tbsp. finely chopped
- Mint leaves 2 tbsp. finely chopped
- Masala Powder ( fry below listed ingredients in a tsp. of oil and then powder them )
- Coriander seeds 3 tbsp.
- Whole cloves 5 nos.
- Cardamom 5 nos.
- Cinnamon stick 5 in
- Black pepper corns 5nos..
- Poppy seeds 1 tbsp.
- Coconut (dry or fresh) 2 tbsp.
- Heat a deep nonstick pan with oil on medium heat and add sliced onions and fry until golden in color. (keep mixing to prevent from burning of onions)
- Now to the above fried onions add the pressured cooked chicken along with any leftover gravy, masala powder, mint and coriander leaves and fry until all the water is evaporated and the curry becomes dry .
- Before taking off the stove, check the taste and accordingly add salt and chili powder and give a final mix.
- Take it in to a serving bowl and enjoy it with rice, biryani or roti with onion rings and lemon wedges.