Kobbari Karam is a very simple spice powder which we eat with hot rice and ghee.The sweetness of dry coconut when combined with spicyness and a hint of garlic makes it very tasty.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamilnadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Preperation Time 15 minutes | Take it as curry powder | Type powder | Shelf Life : 2 weeks.
Appx. Nutritional values :
- 2 cups grated dry Coconut(kopra)
- 5-6 Red chillies(based on the spicyness)
- 4-5 Garlic pods
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast red chillies for a minute until they are warm and crisp.You can even fry them in 1/2 tsp oil.Cool them.
- Grind red chillies with salt to a powder and then add grated coconut and garlic pods and run again to a coarse powder.Do not run for long time,we need a coarse powder not fine powder.
- Store it in air tight container.