Kobbari Senagapappu Koora (കടലപ്പരിപ്പ് നാളികേരം കറി, కొబ్బరి సెనగపప్పు కూర, தேங்காய் கடலை பருப்பு குற, नारियल और चनादाल सब्ज़ी) This is a traditional Kerala curry, spicy and holding a prominent place on breakfast tables. Puttu and Kadala curry is the vegetarian combination. This is relished by kids and adults alike. Kobbari Senagapappu curry is prepared in the combination of senagapappu (Chana dal)and grated coconut. This curry when served with ghee and hot rice gives a very good taste. Roti is also a good combination with this curry.
Regional Dish : Kerala; Andhra; Tamil Nadu; South India and some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Kerala | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with rice or chapathy | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 5 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 2tbsp)
Calories (204.6 Kcal), Carbohydrates (16.2 g), Protein (4.2 g), Fat (15.1 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Oil 3 tsp
- Chana dal 1 Cup (pressure cooked with 3 proper whistles)
- Fresh grated coconut 1/2 Cup
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Red chillies 2
- Green chillies 2
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves
- Water 1/2 cup
- Take a cooking vessel and add oil.
- When the oil gets heated add cumin seeds, red chilli, green chillies and curry leaves one by one.
- Now add the boiled chana dal and stir it for 3-4 mins
- Now add grated fresh coconut and leave it for 2-3 minutes.( If you want dry take it out of heat , if want like gravy add water, sufficient salt and switch off the stove when all the water gets evaporated.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Kobbari Senagapappu masala Koora ( ginger garlic paste is used )