Kobbari Pachadi ( కొబ్బరి పచ్చడి, தேங்காய் சட்னி ,नारियलचटनी) is one of the traditional and authentic chutneys in Andhra Pradesh, usually eaten with plain hot rice. It is a very simple and easy to make, which has a tangy sweet flavor.
Regional dish: Andhra Pradesh; Tamil Nadu; South India.
Cuisine Style: Andhra Pradesh | Preparation time 20 mins | Type Chutneys | Take with rice | Shelf life: 2 days if refrigerated | Quantity: 8 Servings.
Appx.Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving (1Tbsp)
Calories (96K cals), Carbohydrates (7g), Protein (g), Fat (5g)
- Fresh coconut pieces 2 cups
- Dry red chilies 8 nos.
- Tamarind ½ lime size
- Green chilies 2 nos.
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric ¼ tsp.
- Fresh garlic 2 flakes.( optional)
- Oil 1tsp.
For seasoning or tempering:
- Urad dal 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves few
- Hing pinch
- Oil 1tsp
- First fry red chilies in 1tsp of oil.
- Than grind coconut pieces, fried red chilies, green chilies, tamarind, turmeric and salt to coarse paste, if needed add some water.
- To the above paste add the fried seasoning and mix well.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : mango coconut chutney with red chilies, mango coconut chutney with garlic , mango coconut curds chutney. Coconut chutney with green chilies, coconut mint with green chilies or red chilies. Coconut with raw sweet potato chutney.