Kanda Vepudu (కంద వేపుడు , சேனைக் பொறி, रतालू तलना ) is a famous Andhra dish.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh; South India
Cuisine Style: Andhra| Pradesh | Cooking Time: 30min| Take with Rice | Type fry| Shelf Life : 2 days if it is refrigirated.
Appx. Nutritional Values: ?
- Yam (fresh or frozen) 1
- Tamarind 1 inch sized ball
- Red Chilly Powder 2 tsps
- Salt to taste
- Oil 1 tsp
- Urad Dal 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds 1/2 tsp
- Broken Red Chillies 2
- Curry Leaves 3
- If using fresh yam, peel and dice it.
- Boil few cups of water, add tamarind and yam.
- Cook until the yam turns soft.
- Strain the yam and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add all talimpu ingredients in order.
- When mustard seeds start spluttering, add diced yam and salt.
- Saute till the yam turns golden brown.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle red chile powder.
- Toss well and serve hot with steamed rice and ghee.
Other Variants / Cuisine Style: Kanda vepudu with ginger, garlic paste.
No comments yet.