Kanda Pulusu (Elephant Yam) (కందగడ్డ పులుసు, சேனைக்கிழங்கு, रतालू सब्जी) is taken with rice . It is very famous in Andhra.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; some of the places in South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking time 30 min |Take with Rice|Type curry | Shelf Life : 2 days if it refrigirated
Appx.Nutritional values : ?
- Kanda gadda 100 gms grated coarsely
- Tamarind size of a small lemon
- Onion 1 cut into long pieces
- Green chillies 2 to 3
- Red chillies 2
- Oil 1 table spoon
- Sambar powder 1 tea spoon
- Mustard seeds for seasoning
- Curry leaves for seasoning
- Salt and turmeric 1/2 tbs
1. Grate the yam and keep aside.
2. Squeeze juice out of the tamarind and keep aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, then add the onion pieces and the yam.
4. Fry for 5- 7 mins or till the onion becomes transparent.
5. Add the green chillies and fry for another minute.
6. Then add the tamarind juice, turmeric and salt and let boil for about 5 minutes.
7. Then in a bowl take little water and add sambar powder and rice flour.
8. Mix it well without lumps.
9. Add this to the pulusu and let boil for 5 more minutes.
10. The rice flour will make the consistencyof the dish thicker.
11. Season it with red chillies curry leaves and mustard seeds.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: Kanda pulusu with tamarind and tamato.