Kaju Katli (કાજુ કટલી, ਕਾਜੂ ਕਾਤਿਲ, काजू कतली, కాజు కతిలి) Awesome Cuisine provides a simple recipe to make Kaju Katli. It is is an attractive dessert of Indian Origin. Kaju Katli is a sweet receipe of Western Indian states like Maharashtra and Gujarat. It is an Indian sweet similar to a barfi. It is made from cashews, sugar, cardamom powder and ghee. Typically cut into rhombus shape and covered with edible sinver foil, varakh.
Regional Dish : Gujarat; Maharashtra; Punjab; Kerala; Karnataka;Western India, North India and some places in South India.
Cuisine Style : Gujarat | Cooking Time 35 minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 3 days if refrigerated.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (58 Kcal), Carbohydrates (8.03 g), Protein (1.41 g), Fat (2.5 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Cashewnuts 100 gm
- Sugar 100 gm
- Rose water 10 ml
- Silver vark to decorate
- Soak cashews in water for about 1 to 1 1/2 hrs. Leave it to drain.
- Add rose water and grind them to a fine paste (add very little water if required).
- Mix sugar into this paste.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan.
- Cook on a low flame until the mixture comes together.
- Remove the mixture from the flame.
- Continue stirring the mixture until it cools completely and becomes stiff.
- Transfer this mixture on a greased surface.
- Roll out to 1/2 ” thickness.
- Decorate with silver vark.
- Cut into diamond shapes.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Kaju Burfi