Kaju Barfi (జీడి పప్పు బర్ఫీ, ਕਾਜੂ ਬਰਫੀ, காசு பர்பி, काजू बर्फ़ी) is an Indian dessert. Kaju literally means Cashew nuts and Barfi is a type of Indian sweet. Kaju Barfi is a delicious treat for any occasion. Kaju Barfi is one of the special sweets made on Ganesh Chaturthi.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Punjab; Tamil Nadu; Karnataka; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 3 days.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories (350 K cal), Carbohydrates (80 g), Protein (5 g), Fat (3 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Cashew Nuts (soaked in water for 2 hours) 2 cups
- Powdered Sugar 1 cup
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Cardamom Powder 1/2 tsp
- Silver Foil (optional)
- Drain and blend the cashews to a fine paste. Use as little water as possible when blending.
- Now in a saucepan make syrup with sugar and water and Cook on slow to medium heat.
- Cook stirring continuously till a soft lump is formed. Add ghee and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Remove from heat on to a smooth surface and roll out (thin) quickly with a rolling pin. Cut into squares/diamond shapes.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Kaju kesar Burfi. 2. Kaju coconut Burfi.