Kadai paneer (ਕਦੀ ਪਨੀਰ, ಕಡಿ ಪನೀರ್ , கடை பனீர், कड़ाई पन्नीर) is spicy, simple and yet tasty dish. Make this for Naan, paratha, roti or chapathi, and even for mixed rice like ghee rice, pulav rice etc.
Regional Dish : Punjabi; Karnataka; Uttar Pradesh; Himachala Pradesh; Kerala; Complete North indian continental dish, some eastern parts of world.
Cuisine Style : Punjabi | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Taking with roti | Type curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity 4 servings
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving: 1cup
Calories ( 371.6 Kcal), Carbohydrates ( 12.2 g), Protein (21.7 g), Fat ( 26.6 g).
- Paneer 500 grams
- Capsicum 100 grams
- Coriander seeds 2 tsp
- Red chilies 5
- Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) 3/4 tsp.
- Chopped green chilies 2
- Chopped ginger 2 tsp
- Garlic 6 cloves minced
- Chopped tomatoes 4
- Chopped fresh coriander 2 tbsp.
- Ghee (clarified butter) or oil- 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Slice the paneer and capsicum into thin long strips.
- Pound the coriander seeds and red chilies together.
- Heat the Ghee(clarified butter)/ oil in a pan, add the garlic paste and cook on a slow flame for a few seconds.
- Add the capsicum and pounded spices and cook on a slow flame for 1minute.
- Add the green chilies; ginger and cook again for a few seconds.
- Add the tomatoes and cook until the oil/Ghee(clarified butter) comes on top.
- Add the kasoori (dried fenugreek leaves) methi and salt and cook again for a few seconds.
- Finally, add the sliced paneer and cook for a few minutes. Sprinkle coriander on top and serve hot.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Kadai paneer with dry fruits and milk (Shahi Paneer).