Jonna Roti (ಜೋಳದ ರೊಟ್ಟಿ, జొన్న రొట్టె, जोवर रोटी) Jowar Roti is a popular recipe eaten in the summer month in Rajasthan. In eastern Karnataka and the Rayalaseema , Telangana area’s of Andhra pradesh, roti (Jonna rotte) made with sorghum is the staple food.
Regional Dish : Karnataka; Rajasthan; Kerala; Tamil Nadu; Andhra; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Karnataka | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with Sambar | Type roti , Lunch , Dinner | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1nos)
Calories (117.5 K cal), Carbohydrates (25.9 g), Protein (4.0 g), Fat (1.1 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Jowar Flour Cup 1 (Milo flour)
- Whole wheat flour ( 2 tbsp) /optional ( As it prevents from cracking of roti)
- Warm Water Cup 1
- Salt to taste
- Ghee 1 tbsp
- Mix the Jowar flour, wheat flour ( optional) , warm water and salt to form smooth dough and leave it for 15-20 minutes.
- Knead well and divide it into equal portions.
- Roll out each portion into a roti and put it on a hot griddle over medium flame.
- Cook from both sides and then put it directly on the fire to puff up.
- Turn it over during puffing and put off the flame.
- Now smear a 1/8 tsp of ghee over the Jowar Roti.
- Serve with any pickles , dals or any gravy curries
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Jonna Roti with mixed flour.