Jeera Rice (ജീരകം അരി, జీలకర అన్నము, சீரகம் அரிசி, जीरा चावल) is a simple and tasty variation on plain boiled rice made with cumin seeds. It can be taken with almost all indian curries, meat or veggie. It can also form a simple meal by itself when served with some cucumber raita and salad.
Religion Dish : Kerala; Andhra; Karnataka; Tamil Nadu; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Kerala | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with any veg or non veg side dish | Type Lunch or Dinner | Shelf Life :1 day | Quantity : 2Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 1cup)
Calories (429 K cal), Carbohydrates (71.8 g), Protein (7.5 g), Fat (12.4 g).
Ingridents to serve :
- Basmati Rice 1 cup
- Ghee 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds (Jeera) 2 tbsp
- Pepper Powder 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- To garnish cilantro/coriander leaves
- Cook rice and allow it to cool. Add 1 tsp of ghee to rice.
- Slightly crush the cumin seeds.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add crushed cumin seeds and pepper powder and fry till the aroma comes add rice , salt and mix well.
- Garnish with some coriander leaves and serve hot .
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Simple Jeera rice 2. Jeera rice with onions and ginger garlic paste.