Hyderabadi Chicken Fry (हैदराबादी तली हुआ चिकन,హైదరాబాది చికెన్ వేపుడు,ஹைதறபடி சிக்கன் பரி )Chicken fry is the very popular Indian Food Dish of people all over the world. Hyderabadi chicken fry is a bit different from North Indian Chicken fry. This curry is dry so it cane be enjoyed like a snack too.
Regional Dish: Hyderabad (Andhra Pradesh)
Cuisine Style: Hyderabad| Cooking Time 30 mins| Take it with roti / rice| Type Curry| Shelf Life: 2 day| Quantity: 6 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (262Kcals), Carbohydrates (10g), Protein (20.2 g), Fat (12.5g).
- Chicken – 400gm(preferably chicken breast)
- Ginger – 1/2″
- Garlic – 10 flakes
- Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Red chili powder – 2 tsp.
- Green chilies – 7(cut into 2 pieces)curd – 1 cup(thick)
- Red color – 1/8 tsp. ( optional)
- Curry leaves -5 sprigs
- Refined cooking oil – 50 ml
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves – 1 tbsp. (optional), mint leaves – 1 tsp(optional)
- Lemon – 1(optional)
- Cut chicken into 1″ pieces, wash and strain using a colander
- Grind garlic and ginger to a fine paste with little water
- Add ginger-garlic paste, salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and color to the chicken pieces, mix well and marinate for 2-3 hrs. in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, fry chicken pieces on low flame until it is done well, drain and keep aside
- Add curry leaves, mint leaves(1 tsp., optional) and green chilies to the left over oil(if any or add 1 tbsp.), sauté till it is fragrant.
- Reduce heat to the simmering point, stir in curd(beaten well with little water) and cook for few seconds
- Add fried chicken and cook till all curd dries up and coated well on the chicken pieces
- Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves and lime pieces
- Serve it hot with fried rice or with anything of your choice ,or a snack with some lemon and onion slices