Hawaiian Fruit Salad (हवाई फ्रूट सलाद, హవాయియన్ ఫ్రూట్ సలాడ్, হাওয়াইয়ান ফলের সালাদ) Hawaiian fruit salad is called as “AMBROSIA” which means the food of the gods. As pine apples are is one of the major fruit that is enjoyed all over Hawaiian islands; this fruit is used in many recipes.
One of them is enjoying it as a fruit salad with freshness of pineapple that some tartness of oranges and for that coastal flavor the coconut.
Regional Dish: Hawaii
Cuisine Style: Hawaiian | Cooking Time 15 mins | Take it as such | Type Snack/salad | Quantity 5 servings | Shelf Life : 1day if refrigerated
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1 cup)
Calories (203.5Kcal), Carbohydrates (26 g), Protein (3.7 g), Fat (5g).
- 1 whole fresh pineapple or 2 cans ( 15 ounces) of pineapple drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups green or red grapes of your choice or both mixed, halved
- 1 1/4 cups pina colada flavored or vanilla yogurt or sour cream
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut or vanilla extract
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
- In another bowl, combine the pineapple chunks, oranges, strawberries and grapes.
- Combine the yogurt, 1/4 cup coconut and extract; spoon over fruit and stir gently.
- Dish in to a big serving bowl or in to individual portions and refrigerate
variations: Adding mini marshmallows , topping with some toasted nuts of choice, Adding Papaya,Adding banana