Haryana Jalebi (हरयाणा जिलेबी, హర్యానా జలేబి, ஹர்யான ஜலேபி) are served warm or cold. They have a somewhat chewy texture with a crystallized sugary exterior coating. Citric acid or lime juice is sometimes added to the syrup, as well as rosewater or other flavours such as kewra water. This is most famous in Haryana.It is also served with hot milk during winters.
Regional Dish: Haryana ; North India.
Cuisine Style Haryana | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 7 days
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 1no):
calories (132.5 Kcals) , Carbohydrates ( 31.8g) , Protein (1.2g) Fat (2g)
- 2 cups maida flour
- 4 tsp rice flour
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp curd
- 1¼ cup warm water
- ½ tsp saffron threads
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp cardamom powder
- 4 tsp rose water
- Ghee or vegetable oil for frying
1. Mix maida flour, rice flour, baking powder, curd and mix well by adding water little at a time till the batter is ready ( of runny consistency).
2. Add saffron and whisk again.
3. Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment and whisk again.
4. Prepare one-string syrup by boiling and dissolving sugar in the water.
5. Add saffron, rose water and cardamom powder to the syrup.
6. Take the batter in a cloth/ plastic bag /any bottle with a whole so that once we pour the batter in the oil in circular motion it should form a circular pattern.
7. Deep fry them until they are golden in color and crisp all over on medium flame.
8. Remove and drain on kitchen paper and immerse them in the sugar syrup.
9. Keep them for at least 4-5 minutes so that they are soaked in the syrup.
10. Take them out of syrup and serve hot.
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Jangri .2. Jalebi with jaggery syrup.3. Jalebi batter with fermented urad dal batter.
i have tried several times making jalebi with various recipes…my jalebi does not have shelf life…please advise me what to do…the nest day jalebi goes soft and discolours….help..im from south africa