Habshi Halwa (हब्शी हलवा) It is prepared during Ramadan month all through Pakistan, It is also prepared and sold on streets like haleem. It is a elegant milk, ghee and koya sweet that is filled with nuts of choice.
Regional Dish: Pakistan
Cuisine Style: Pakistan | Cooking Time 35 mins | Take it as such | Type Sweet| Shelf Life : 3 days| Quantity : 8 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving:
Calories (404Kcal), Carbohydrates (22g), Protein (12g), Fat (27g).
- Sugar ½ kg
- Milk 2 liters
- Tartary 25 grams ( citric acid)
- Nutmeg, mace and Cardamom powder 1 pinch of each
- Brown color as required ( optional)
- Walnuts 50 grams ( choice of nuts like almonds, cashew nuts, pistachios )
- Clarified butter 8 tbsp.
- 300 grams of flour Add ½ water until a thin paste is formed.
- In a sauce pan add 2 liters of milk and pour in the prepared mixture. Heat and continue stirring.
- When the mixture begins to boil turn the flame off.
- Allow the mixture to reach the room temperature and add 25 grams of Tartary and gently mix.
- When the milk curdles turn the flame on and stir the milk. Now add the brown color and allow to cook.
- When the water dries add ½ kg sugar and a pinch of nutmeg, mince and cardamom powder of each along with 3 tbsp. clarified butter.
- Cook until the clarified butter forms a separate layer on the top.
- Spread the halwa on the grease tray.
- Garnish with 50 grams of walnuts and serve.