Gutti Vankaya kura (గుత్తి వంకాయకూర, குட்டி கத்தரிக்காய் குற, बैंगन सब्जी)Gutti Vankaya Kura or Stuffed Eggplant/Brinjal curry is Andhra traditional special curry.This dish can be made with either the small purple brinjals or the small round green eggplants. But you need to make sure that the brinjals are absolutely fresh, shiny and tender (the seeds should’nt be black) without a dry withered look. This dish tastes good only if the brinjals are fresh, young and tender.
Regional Dish: Andhra Pradesh; Tamilnadu; South India.
Cuisine Style: Andhra pradesh| Cooking time 20minutes| Take with Rice| Type Curry| Shelf Life : 2days if refrigerated.
Appx.Nutritional values calcualted for whole recipe:
Calories (190 kcal), Carbohydrates (14 g), Protein( 5g), Fat (15 g).
- Dhaniya 1tsp
- Jeera 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal /Minapappu 1tsp
- Brinjal/Eggpant small size grams 250
- Onions 1 finely chopped
- Red chilli 2 to 3 nos
- Channa dal /Senagapappu 1 tsp
- Tomatoes 2 nos
1. Fry the dhaniya, channa dal, Urad dal, jeera, red chilli in oil and grind them to a powder.
2. Cut some onions(small red onions are recommended) into very very small pieces…they should look like a paste from far
3. Mix 1&2
4. Cut the brinjals into 4 halfs without separating the pieces from the brinjal stalk.
5. By opening the half place some amount of the prepared paste in each brinjal.In this way stuff all the brinjals
6. Now put oil in a pan allow it to become hot , than place the stuffed brinjals in oil and also add the cut tomatoes peices.
7. Place the lid for the first 10 min or so under high flame
8. Then lower the flame and keep checking until they are cooked properly, curry is now ready .
Other variants / Cuisine Style: 1. Gutti vankaya kura with coconut masala. 2.Gutti vankaya kura with tamarind pulp.3. curry with out tomato, 4. curry with poppy seeds