Gummadikaya Halwa (பரங்கிக்காய் ஹல்வா, గుమ్మడికాయ హల్వా, काडू की हल्वा) is very simple to prepare. It is a delicious Indian dessert recipe.
Regional Dish : Tamil Nadu; Andhra; Kerala; South India and North India.
Cuisine Style : Tamil Nadu | Cooking Time 30 minutes | Take it as Snack | Type Sweet | Shelf Life : 2 days if refrigerated.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving : Calories (210 K cal), Carbohydrates (15 g), Protein (2 g), Fat (9. g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Sugar 25 gms
- Pumpkin 100 gms
- Clarified Butter 20 gms
- Milk 100 ml
- Cashew nuts 5 gms
- Cardamoms 2 crushed
- Sultanas 5 gms
- Peel and grate pumpkin after washing.
- Fry the grated pumpkin for few minutes, by constant mixing to avoid burning, after 5 minutes the pumpkin color changes from bright yellow to pale yellow .
- Now add milk and sugar and boil till it is dry by constant stirring on medium heat.
- Add nuts, sultanas and ghee and stir till its dry.
- Add crushed cardamoms and remove.
- Now Pumpkin halwa is ready.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : Khoya is added , sweet condensed milk