Guacamole (गुआकामोले) Guacamole, who doesn’t know what it means, It is a famous Mexican salad or a side that goes with any thing , not just Mexican food. It can be served with tortilla chips, Tacos, as a spread, with veggies, on a French bread , burgers , eggs , roll in a chapatti etc.
It can be made soft or crunchy. This can be enjoyed in any form , the main ingredient Avocado pulp is used to make this. The avocado pulp in soft , creamy and bland in nature but is very rich in many nutrients such as good fatty acids , vitamin E , B, minerals like Potassium and antioxidants too. It is also said that having one avocado per day is very healthy.
Avocado; apart from having it like a salsa; in different countries around the world it is enjoyed in soups , smoothies , milk shakes , sweets too.
Regional Dish: Mexican
Cuisine Style: Mexican | Cooking Time 15 mins | Take it with chips / side | Type Salad | Quantity 4 servings | Shelf Life : 2day if refrigerated
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving ( 2 tbs)
Calories (46Kcal), Carbohydrates (2.4 g), Protein (0.58 g), Fat (4.1g).
- 2 Ripe Avocados
- 1 tomato diced
- ½ onion diced ( any type red /yellow/white)
- 1 jalapeno deseed and finely chopped
- ½ cup cilantro finley chopped
- 1 garlic finley minced (optional)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper as per once taste.
- Cut each avocado in half, remove the pit with a knife. And scoop out the pulp in to a bowl.
- With the help of fork mash it in to soft or chunky consistency.
- To this add tomatoes, onions, cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, salt, pepper and finally finish it off with a lemon juice and mix well.
- Now the guacamole is ready to be enjoyed fresh or if not using refrigerate immediately , it can be stored for about 2 days , after that it starts to discolor
Indian Variations: 1.Curry powder, 2. Chat masala powder,3.Garam masala powder,4. Red chilli powder ,5. red chilli flakes