Green Chili Pickle (हरी मिर्च का अचार,લીલા મરચા અથાણું, সবুজ লংকা জরান) This pickle is famous in North, East and West parts of India. As it is enjoyed with any snack, breakfast or meal as a relish. It is spicy, tangy and sour in taste which makes any bland meal in to a super delightful meal. In northern India this pickle is made in every house hold and is always made fresh, to retain its spiciness and the crunchiness of green chilies they make this in small batches.
Regional Dish: North India, West India , East India
Cuisine Style: North Indian | Cooking Time 15 mins| Take it with any meal/snack | Type Pickle| Shelf Life: 15 days| Quantity: 10 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values calculated for 1 serving
Calories (15Kcals), Carbohydrates (5g), Protein (0.2g), Fat (1.5g).
- 200 gms Green Chilies (hari mirch)
- ½ tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp. Fennel seeds(saunf) powder coarsely
- ½ tsp. Fenugreek seeds powder coarsely
- 1 tsp. Mustard seeds (rai) powder coarsely
- 1 tsp. Dry Mango powder (amchur powder) or 1 lemon juice or 1 tbsp. vinegar
- 3 tsp. Salt
- 4 tbsp. Oil
- Wash and wipe green chilies. Note: you can leave the stalk intact or can remove or can cut the chilies in to pieces or whole.
- As we are using whole chilies, give a slit in the center and keep them a side
- Now mix fennel, fenugreek, mustard and salt powders and stuff them in to green chilies and put them in to a clean, dry glass or ceramic jar. Note: You can add lemon juice or vinegar to the powders at this point , if using amchur powder , add this powder along turmeric to the warm oil
- Heat oil to smoking point and take if off the heat. When the oil is warm, add turmeric powder and let it cool completely.
- Pour the cooled oil on top of prepared green chilies. Close the lid of the bottle and shake it so that everything gets mixed properly. Keep the bottle aside for 3-4 days in a dark place.
- Now your hari mirch ki achar is ready to be enjoyed.
- Note: Always use dry and clean spoon when using the pickle and also store it in cool or refrigerate to retain its freshness.
Variations: Add cut lemon pieces, Add mixed vegetables , Add some Coriander powder.