Goru Chikkudukaya Vepudu (கொத்தவரை பொறி, గోరు చిక్కుడుకాయ వేపుడు, थाला हुआ गवार फली) This is a very simple and healthy stir fry that doesn’t need a lot of cooking.
Regional Dish : Tamil Nadu; Andhra; Kerala; Gujarat; South and some places in North India.
Cuisine Style : Tamil Nadu | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take it as side dish | Type Fry | Shelf Life : 1 day.
Appx. Nutritional values : Calories 339 Kcal), Carbohydrates (22.68 g), Protein (23.98 g), Fat (17.83 g).
Ingredients to serve :
- Guvar/cluster beans/gorchikkudukaya 1/2 kg (cut into small pieces)
- Red chillies 3
- Jeera/cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Garlic cloves/vellulipayalu 4
- Salt as per taste
- Turmeric pwd 1/4 tsp
- Grated coconut(fresh/frozen) 3 tsp
- Peanut powder 2 tsp
- Oil 2 tsp
- Clean and cut guvar and boil it with enough water in a pan with some salt and turmeric pwd for about 20 mins.
- Take red chillies, cumin and garlic cloves in a mixer/blender and make it into a paste.
- Keep the paste aside.
- Heat a pan, add oil and fry the grinded paste for about 2 mins.
- Now add the boiled cluster beans and fry for about 20-25 mins/ till they become soft.
- Now add enough salt,peanut powder and grated coconut and mix well and switch off the flame and serve.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Andhra Cuisine (Goru Chikkudukaya Pesara Pappu Vepudu).