Goru Chikkudukaya Pulusukura (గోరు చిక్కుడుకాయ పులుసుకుర, கொத்தவரை புலுசு, गवार फली साग) Goru Chikkudukaya is also called Gawar in hindi. Even in telugu it is called with different names in Kosta and Rayalaseema regions like Mattikayalu, Gokarakayalu.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu;Gujarat; Maharashtra; Kolkata.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take it with rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 2 days if refrigerated |Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values : calculated for 1 serving ( 2tbsp)
Calories (70 K cal), Carbohydrates (7 g), Protein (3 g), Fat (5 g).
- Goruchikkudukayalu/Cluster Beans 1lb
- Onion 1(finely chopped)
- Tomato (diced) 1
- Mustard Seeds 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds 1 tsp
- Fenugreek Seeds few (5-6seeds)
- Curry Leaves 1 spring
- Turmeric powder 1/4 tsp
- Salt to Taste
- Red Chili Powder 2 tsp
- Tamarind Small Goose Berry Size (soak in 3/4 cup of water for 15min)
- Jaggery 1tsp ( optional)
- Oil 4 tsp
- Wash, cut the cluster bean into 1”pieces.
- Add salt(little), turmeric powder to the bean pieces, steam them(give 1 whistle in the pressure cooker), once they are cooled, squeeze out the excess water and keep them aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, once hot, add fenugreek seeds,mustard,cumin seeds and fry till they splutter, now add chopped onions and curry leaves and fry till the onions are translucent, then add tomato, turmeric powder and fry till the tomatoes are cooked.
- Now add the cooked bean pieces, salt, red chilli powder, tamarind juice(extracted from soaked tamarind), mix well, cover and cook until it get the saucy consistency to the curry.
- This curry tastes good with steamed white rice.
Other variants / Cuisine Style :