Goru Chikkudukaya Kura (గోరు చిక్కుడుకాయ కూర, கொத்தவரை கூற, गवार फली सब्जी) Goruchikkudu is also called as mattikkayalu in Rayalaseema region, gokarakaya in Telangana region of AP. Cluster beans are a good source of fiber. They are not only low in calories but also very effective in lowering the blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Gujarati; Maharashtra; South and North India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values :calcualted for 1 serving ( 2tbs)
Calories ( 70 K cal), Carbohydrates (7 g), Protein (3 g), Fat (5 g).
- Cluster beans 250gms
- Onion 1 (finely chopped)
- Green chillies 3 (chopped)
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal and Chana dal 1/4 tsp each
- Curry leaves 6
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Cut the beans into small pieces and boil in water till they are tender.
- Drain out water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in kadai add urad dal, chana dal, cumin, mustard and curry leaves.
- Fry till mustard crackles add chopped onions, chillies , ginger garlic paste and fry them until onions become translucent.
- Now add cluster beans and other spices and mix well and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Now the curry is done , serve with rice or roti.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Goru Chikkudukaya Kobbari Kura. 2. Goru Chikkudukaya tomato Kura.