Goru Chikkudukaya Kobbari Kura (గోరు చిక్కుడుకాయ కొబ్బరి కూర, கொத்தவரை தேங்காய் கூற, गवार फली और नारियल सब्जी) Cluster beans are green beans native to India.Cluster beans are a good source of fiber. They are not only low in calories but also very effective in lowering the blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
Regional Dish : Andhra; Tamil Nadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with rice | Type curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity: 3 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values :calcualted for 1 serving ( 2tbsp)
Calories (46Kcals) , Carbohydrates (6.9g), Protein (3.9g), Fat (0.5g)
- Cluster beans , washed and cut in to pieces ( 1cup)(Goru chikkudu)
- Coconut grated 1/4 cup (fresh or frozen)
- Onion 1 big
- Green chillies 2
- Red chillies 2
For Seasoning :
- Mustard seeds 1tsp
- Cumin seeds 1 tsp
- Urad dal 1tsp
- Curry leaves few
- Oil 1Tbsp
- Turmeric powder a pinch
- Salt as per taste
- Wash and cut cluster beans into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Pressure cook them by sprinkling little water and salt for just one or two whistles. Do not over cook them as they loose flavor and texture when you do so. Once cooked drain and keep a side.
- Heat the oil in a pan and put the seasoning.
- In the mean while, grind onion with red and green chillies, zeera, salt coarsely
- When the seasoning is ready, add this onion mix and fry until it turns light brown.
- Add this grated coconut and fry for couple of mins. Aroma of this combo of fried onion and coconut is really outstanding! to this add the cooked cluster beans
- Then fry for 2 more minutes and turn off the stove.
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Gujarati Cuisine (Guvar Dokri). 2. Kerala Cuisine (Cluster beans curry with Coconut milk and Coconut oil.