Goru Chikkudukaya Kobbari Fry (గోరుచిక్కుడుకాయకొబ్బరి వేపుడు, கொத்தவரைதேங்காய் பரி, गवारफली नारियल तलना ) this curry is prepared mailing in Andhra Pradesh and many parts of North India. In Hindi it is called as gavar phalli, in English it is called as field beans. This curry is rich in good fiber with helps in digestion, and absorption of nutrients by reducing in cholesterol and sugars in the process.
Regional Dish: Andhra; Tamil Nadu; Gujarati; Maharashtra; South and North India.
Cuisine Style: Andhra | Cooking Time 25 minutes | Take with rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day| Quantity : 4 Servings.
Appx. Nutritional values: calculated for 1 serving (2tbs)
Calories (120 K cal), Carbohydrates (20 g), Protein (3 g), Fat (5 g).
- Cluster beans 1 cup
- Fresh or frozen grated coconut 1/2cup.
- Turmeric 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 1 tsp ( optional)
- Cumin seeds 1/4 tsp
- Mustard seeds 1/4 tsp
- Urad dal and Chana dal 1/4 tsp each
- Curry leaves 6
- Oil 2 tbsp.
- Cut the beans into small pieces and boil in water till they are tender with some salt.
- Once done , drain out water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add urad dal, chana dal, cumin, mustard and curry leaves.
- Fry till mustard crackles add the prepared beans and fry for 5 minutes with tossing.
- Now add the grated coconut, turmeric , chili powder and adjust salt, mix and cook for 2 minutes.
- The fry is done , enjoy with warm cooked rice , ghee, dal or with roti.
- Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1. Goru Chikkudukaya bellam kura. 2. Goru Chikkudukaya tomato kura.