Gongura Senagapappu (గోంగూర శనగపప్పు, புளிச்சாக் கீரை கடலை பருப்பு, पीत्वा चन्ना दल) is extremely liked and very frequently consumed in AndhraPradesh. ‘Pappu’ means Dal has been combined here with Sorrel Leaves . It is widely consumed all over Andhra Pradesh, in various forms such as pachidi , dal , pickle and also in combination with meat.This sour green leaf is rich in vitamins and Iron.
Regional Dish : Andhra Pradesh; Tamil Nadu; South India.
Cuisine Style : Andhra Pradesh | Cooking Time 20 minutes | Take with Rice | Type Curry | Shelf Life : 1 day | Quantity : 5 Servings
Appx.Nutritional values :calculated for 1 serving (2tbs)
Calories (183Kcals) , Carbohydrates (70g), Protein(20g), Fat(15g)
- Bengal gram 1/2 cup (channa dal)
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp (haldi)
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Finely chopped gongura leaves 2 cups (ambadaa)
- Salt to taste
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp ( rai)
- Urad dal 1 tsp (split black lentils)
- Red chillies 2 broken into pieces
- A pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Garlic cloves 4
- Green chillies 2
- Onion 1 medium chopped
- Chilli powder as per taste
- Curry leaves 5
- Clean, wash and add the turmeric powder, 1½ cups of water and pressure cook for 2 whistles,Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Whisk well till the dal is almost mashed. Keep aside.
- Heat ½ tbsp of oil in a deep pan, add the red sorrel leaves and sauté on a medium flame for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the mashed dal, mix well , now add salt , onion pieces, green chillies , if needed chilli powder , check for taste and add enough water and cook for 10 minutes stirring once in between till the onions become soft.
- Heat the oil in another pan and add the mustard seeds,when the seeds crackle add the urad dal, red chillies, garlic cloves that can be crushed, curry leaves and asafoetida and pour this tempering over the prepared dal mixture and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice or roti
Other variants / Cuisine Style : 1.Gongura pappu.
No comments yet.